Ingredients * 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats * 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour * 1 tablespoon baking powder * 1 1/2 cups skim milk * 2 egg whites * 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Preparation Place dry ingredients in blender and process until the oat flakes become fine. Transfer dry ingredients into medium bowl. In a separate bowl, lightly mix liquid ingredients, then add to dry ingredients, mixing only until moistened. Let batter stand 5 minutes, the spoon batter onto preheated griddle for cooking. Turn pancakes when edges are firm.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese (or tofu)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Process the oatmeal, cottage cheese, egg whites, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a blender until smooth.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add the batter and cook over medium heat until both sides are lightly browned.
4 cups oats 2 cups flour (I use oat flour.) 2 cups wheat flour 1 cup non-fat dry milk 2 T. cinnamon 1.5 - 2 t. salt 2 Tablespoons baking powder 0.5 t. cream of tartar
Combine pancake ingredients in a large bowl and blend well. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator. Make 4 batches of pancakes.
To make the pancakes, beat 2 eggs in a mixing bowl. Gradually beat in 1/3 cup of oil. Alternately stir in 2 cups of the pancake mix and 1 cup of water. Cook on lightly greased griddle. Yields about 12 5-inch pancakes.